My Favorite Individual Performance of the 2023-24 Performance Belongs to...

Back on January 30th, Caston senior Addison Zimpleman was on a mission not to end her basketball career on a three-game losing streak.

Heading into their sectional draw at South Newton High School against West Central that night, that was just the reality the Lady Comets were facing coming off losses against Carroll (Flora) and Bremen the previous week. Taking postseason play by storm against the Trojans of WC, Zimpleman nailed a three during her team's first possession and erupted for 21 points in just the first half.

"I was feeling really good!" exclaimed Zimpleman. "I knew with it being my senior year this was my last go-around. I did not want to hang up my #13 jersey just yet. With that being said, it was all gas and no brakes!"

Addison made her fourth three-pointer of the game during garbage minutes in the second half, finishing with 24 points in the 62-37 triumph. The 5'6", 150 lb. multipositional player averaged career highs with averages of 13.7 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game during the 2023-24 season. She concluded her prep career with 98 career three-pointers made over four seasons and 954 points scored. Caston would eventually advance to semi-state where Zimpleman would pull down 10 rebounds in a 41-34 loss to Michigan City Marquette on Feb. 17.

In my previous iteration of my blog, I had described Addison as maybe the best all-around female athlete in all of Northern Indiana. A duel threat on the softball diamond, Zimpleman is committed to play the sport at Purdue Fort Wayne beginning next season. For the Comets this season, she is batting .462 with eight doubles.

Caston will also play West Central for softball sectionals at North Miami High School in late May...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava Burkle Basketball Profile

Q&A With Jac-Cen-Del Senior Reagan Hughes

North Posey's Lily Hester: Freshman Season Top Performances