Q&A With Jac-Cen-Del Senior Reagan Hughes


A two-time regional champion, Hughes concluded her prep career with averages of 9.6 points, 2.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists, and 1.8 steals per game for the Lady Eagles. A 5'8" shooting guard, Reagan canned 169 three-pointers over the course of four varsity seasons.

What is your favorite movie?

Reagan: "My favorite movie is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I love it because it’s the perfect mix of sporty/girly all in one movie!"

What is your favorite food?

Reagan: "My favorite food is the Texas Roadhouse rolls with the cinnamon butter. I believe that’s pretty self-explanatory!"

Who is your favorite athlete?

Reagan: "My favorite athletes right now are Tyrese Haliburton and Caitlin Clark. They both are very passionate about the game and true competitors. They can shoot very well and that’s something that’s special to me because threes were a huge part of my game. To top it all off, they both now rep the home state!"

What was your proudest moment as a basketball player?

Reagan: "My proudest moment would have to be walking off that court for the last time with my team after falling to Lanesville in the semi-state my senior season. I was proud of my career and hitting my 1,000 point goal especially after injuring myself senior year. But I was most proud of the team that had surrounded me. We worked our butts off after being doubted for two years and could say we were back-to-back regional champs! We had a starter go down in the semi state game and I was proud of how our team came together and gave it our best shot. This is what will stick with me forever!"

Where do you foresee yourself in five years' time?

Reagan: "In five years, I see myself graduated from college and working collegiately or professionally in the sports media world. My major is going to be sports event management and my goal is to hopefully work for an NBA team someday. I hope to have reached that goal or be working towards that goal in five years!"

Outside of basketball, what is your favorite downtime activity?

Reagan: "My favorite downtime activity would have to be hanging out with friends and finding random things to do! I love staying busy being surrounded by people and going with the flow!"

If you could go anywhere for a seven-day vacation, where would it be?

Reagan: "Out of all of the places I have been before I have enjoyed CancĂșn, Mexico and Las Vegas, Nevada the most! I would go back for a week in an instant! One place I wish I could visit for a week would the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park. I had a friend visit there and since then it’s been on my bucket list ever since!"

Who or what would you say is your greatest inspiration?

Reagan: "My greatest inspiration in life would have to be my parents. They have both went through a lot and they still provide for me every single day. It inspires me to work hard and be successful so I can give my future kids the life that they have given me."

Who is your pick to win the Mavs/Thunder series?

Reagan: "I have the Thunder winning the series because I believe they have a great team chemistry along with good depth. They’ve built the team nicely about SGA and he’s been solid in the playoffs so far."

Any random fact you would like to share about yourself?

Reagan: "I was the all-time deflections leader and hit the second-most all-time career three-pointers at JCD."

NOTE: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander averaged 27.3 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 5.0 assists per game for the Oklahoma City Thunder in their first-round sweep of the Pelicans...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava Burkle Basketball Profile

North Posey's Lily Hester: Freshman Season Top Performances