Q&A With Fremont Freshman Grace Scharlach

 

Scharlach was an all-conference selection in 2023-24, the only freshman to achieve such an honor in the Northeast Corner Conference here in Indiana. Grace has impressed me with her shooting ability in the early goings of her career (38% three-point percentage) and has quite an outlook moving forward...

What is your favorite movie?

Grace: "Not a movie but a series, The Last Dance."

What is your favorite food?

Grace: "Sushi."

Who is your favorite athlete?

Grace: "Caitlin Clark, of course!"

What was your proudest moment as a basketball player to this point?

Grace: "Looking back at all the accomplishments made this past year makes me really proud! I’m proud to see my hard work pay off! I was able to play varsity basketball as a freshman and make notable contributions to the team. I led the team in five areas (points, assists, steals, FT %, & 3%). I also was selected for the All Conference Team. Our team also had a great year, turning the record around from 8-15 (22-23) to 16–9 (23-24) and won the 2A #35 Sectional Championship! However, if I had to pick one “proudest moment” it would be our team coming in as the underdogs and winning sectionals!"

Where do you foresee yourself in ten years’ time?

Grace: "In ten years from now I would most likely be out of college with a degree in business and communications. I will be looking for my first job and maybe even starting my own business."

Do you have any specific goals you'd like to accomplish between now and this time next year?

Grace: "Yes! My goals for next year are to become a better decision maker in the moment of the game and getting stronger when finishing through contact. I also want to get better at being louder on the court and being a strong court leader for my team."

If you could go anywhere for a seven-day vacation, where would it be?

Grace: "If I could go anywhere for seven days I would either go to Thailand or Bora Bora."

Who or what would you say is your greatest inspiration?

Grace: "My biggest inspiration is my dad! He is such a great person! He always pushes me to be the best person I can be. He is very uplifting and positive and always makes me laugh! He has taught me many things in life; such as having a good work ethic and how to be a confident person! Most of all he has taught me how to be strong in my faith and care about others! Not only is he a great father, but he was also a very good basketball player. He has taught me a lot about the game of basketball and spends almost every day with me in the gym helping me get better!"

Any random fact you would like to share about yourself?

Grace: "I love spending time on the lake and doing water sports such as slalom skiing and wake surfing!"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava Burkle Basketball Profile

Q&A With Jac-Cen-Del Senior Reagan Hughes

North Posey's Lily Hester: Freshman Season Top Performances