Q&A With Lafayette Central Catholic Sophomore Casey Schuessler

 

A long and versatile 5'8" guard, Casey as an underclassman was part of a Central Catholic team that eliminated 2K scorer/Western Michigan commit Alli Harness and Carroll (Flora) from postseason play in consecutive seasons. On a program that advanced to the Fieldhouse as recently as 2022, she figures to play a significant role for the Knights as part of their next wave of talent in the forthcoming seasons. Schuessler is overly humble to the point I had to ask her to specify when she had her 33-point performance (which actually came when she was a 6th grader! 😲).

What is your favorite movie?

Schuessler: "Mean girls and 10 Things I Hate About You."

What is your favorite food?

Schuessler: "Salads and fruit."

Who is your favorite athlete?

Schuessler: "Larry Bird."

What was your proudest moment as a basketball player to this point?

Schuessler: "Getting second in state in a free-throw contest and also scoring 33 points once in a game (when I was in 6th grade)."

Where do you foresee yourself in ten years' time?

Schuessler: "I see myself probably getting married around that time and hopefully having a very successful job."

If you could go anywhere for a seven-day vacation, where would it be?

Schuessler: "I would go to Greece or Hawaii."

Do you have any specific goals you'd like to accomplish between now and this time next year?

Schuessler: "Some goals I have is to work on my free throws. Bring consistency to my travel team and school team next year. Get my scoring and stats up going forward. And to be the best teammate I can be. And lastly work hard for myself and the girls I play with."

Who or what would you say is your greatest inspiration?

Schuessler: "My dad is my greatest inspiration and he inspires me to keep working and to strive to be the best person and player I can be. My whole family and coaches also always inspire me to keep putting in the work, and that if I do I will get better."

Any random fact you would like to share about yourself?

Schuessler: "My Favorite color is lavender purple."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava Burkle Basketball Profile

Q&A With Jac-Cen-Del Senior Reagan Hughes

North Posey's Lily Hester: Freshman Season Top Performances