Q&A With Dixie Heights (KY) Senior Bella Crawford


Bella is my first-ever out-of-state participant, as she resides in the southern suburbs of Cincinnati on the other side of the Ohio River (I once visited Cincy for a Cubs/Reds series in 2016 with my late father). She is a 5'11" small forward that can score from just about anywhere, and has received offers from Bluffton and Mount St. Joseph, as well as Franklin College and Anderson here in Indiana... 

What is your favorite movie?

Crawford: "I have a lot, but I really like Halloweentown, mainly because I really like Halloween."

What is your favorite food?

Crawford: "That's a tough one. Probably a toss-up between seafood and pasta."

Who is your favorite athlete?

Crawford: "Womens basketball is really what I watch. I really like Courtney Vandersloot. But obviously I like Caitlin Clark. My family is also big football fans, especially the Cowboys. No particular player, though."

What was your proudest moment as a basketball player to this point?

Crawford: "My 8th grade year, my high school team went to state. That was super fun and I loved helping the team get better, but I recently earned the colonel award for the team. That basically goes to the player on the team who has worked the hardest, displayed leadership and motivation, positivity and teamwork."

Where do you foresee yourself in ten years' time?

Crawford: "I'm still focused on next year and getting myself into college! But if I'm not playing in the WNBA ðŸ˜‚, I would like to be doing something with forensics or criminology."

Do you have any specific goals you'd like to accomplish between now and this time next year?

Crawford: "Yes! Get to, and win state!!"

If you could go anywhere for a seven-day vacation, where would it be?

Crawford: "Well... Italy. 😂 (But that takes longer than seven days!)"

Who or what would you say is your greatest inspiration?

Crawford: "Being honest, my personal trainer. She played in college and then went pro and played overseas. She always had faith in me and pushes me to be the best I can be. Even though I dread sometimes getting up at 6 A.M. for training, I know it'll all be worth it."

What would you say for any potential outsider visiting your beloved hometown of Edgewood, Kentucky?

Crawford: "Edgewood, where I go to school, and Villa Hills, where I live, has quite a few things to do. We are five minutes from downtown Cincinnati, so we get the big city experience, but yet have a local convenience store that I can walk to. Everyone is pretty nice... On Halloween, our neighbors all have driveway parties, and everyone seems to know each other somehow.

Any random fact you would like to share about yourself?

Crawford: "A lot of people may not know this about me, but I love to read. I always have a book next to me. I enjoy putting legos together, and I love Disney movies. (especially, The Princess and the Frog)"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava Burkle Basketball Profile

Q&A With Jac-Cen-Del Senior Reagan Hughes

North Posey's Lily Hester: Freshman Season Top Performances