Q&A With Highland Senior Walter Glover Jr.


Heading into his senior year, Glover is one of the leaders for an up-and-coming Highland program that progressed from just three wins in 2022-23 to nine in 2023-24. Standing at 6'2", it is not all that often that I notice someone here in NWI with such defined post skills. A second team all-conference selection for the Greater South Shore Conference, Walter averaged 9.6 points and 4.9 rebounds per game during his junior season. As a sophomore, he recorded a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds in the Trojans' 50-42 victory at Wheeler on Jan. 3, 2023.

What is your favorite movie?

Walt: "I would say my favorite movie of all-time has to be 2 Fast 2 Furious. I just have a passion for cars and it the early stages of the series, they really kept it about cars and street racing. It's like a culture in itself."

What is your favorite food?

Walt: "I love tacos, that one was an easy one. Tacos are simple to make and pack with so much flavor, and you can always mix them up and change things. I can eat tacos every day."

Who is your favorite athlete?

Walt: "I have two favorite athletes. One being James Harden, and two is Christiano Renaldo. I like Harden because I feel like he changed the game of basketball, and he was always underrated his whole career and he proved his haters wrong. I always try to take things from his game to add to mine. I like Renaldo because he just brings the energy you need as an athlete."

What was your proudest moment as a basketball player to this point?

Walt: "I would say my proudest moment was in my freshman year, we took on Hammond Central in the sectional, and I just say being able to score 20 points and step up big for my team as a freshman to keep the game close."

Where do you foresee yourself in five years' time?

Walt: "In five years, I see myself wrapping up a successful college basketball career and becoming a hopeful pro somewhere, and successfully doing real estate and much more business."

If you could go anywhere for a seven-day vacation, where would it be?

Walt: "I would love to take a seven-day vacation in Bora Bora. The scenery there is just beautiful and I think it would be so relaxing."

Do you have any specific goals you'd like to accomplish between now and this time next year?

Walt: "The goals honestly, to win a sectional championship, get first team all-conference, and play college bball."

Who or what would you say is your greatest inspiration?

Walt: "My greatest inspiration is my mom without a doubt. She is always working hard and I want to make her proud. She always invested her time for me so I can be happy, so I what I do is for her."

What would you say for any potential outsider visiting your beloved hometown of Highland, Indiana?

Walt: "Highland is a great community. Everyone there is kind and supportive. If anyone was to come to Highland, you have everything: Good food, stores, parks, everything. Highland is a great community."

Any random fact you would like to share about yourself?

Walt: "Yeah, I am part-time entrepreneur and content creator. I like to make videos for brands in my free time." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava Burkle Basketball Profile

Q&A With Jac-Cen-Del Senior Reagan Hughes

North Posey's Lily Hester: Freshman Season Top Performances