Q&A With South Central (Elizabeth, IN) Sophomore Hailey Conder


Though small in stature at 5'4", Hailey's talent speaks for itself. South Central in Elizabeth is not even the most recognizable school by the name "South Central" in Indiana. In fact, their girls basketball program has not won five games in a season since 2018 prior to this past season. With her mom as a first-year head coach, Hailey has come in and made an instant impact with multiple 30-point games during her freshman season alone... 

What is your favorite movie?

Hailey: "My favorite movie would have to be Hoosiers."

What is your favorite food?

Hailey: "My favorite food is the potato soup my grandma makes me before my basketball games."

Who is your favorite athlete?

Hailey: "My favorite athlete would have to be Caitlin Clark."

What was your proudest moment as a basketball player to this point?

Hailey: "I have two. When our team was able to go from two wins to eight, and when I hit ten threes and broke the school record."

Where do you foresee yourself in five years' time?

Hailey: "Hopefully playing basketball in college at the next level, and on my way to becoming a pediatrician."

Do you have any specific goals you'd like to accomplish between now and this time next year?

Hailey: "I would like to have a winning season this year for basketball, and to play for a sectional championship."

If you could go anywhere for a seven-day vacation, where would it be?

Hailey: "I would love to travel to the Bahamas."

Outside of basketball, what is your favorite downtime activity?

Hailey: "I like to watch Survivor with my dad."

Who or what would you say is your greatest inspiration?

Hailey: "My mom is my greatest inspiration. She puts so much time into helping me not only become a better basketball player, but a better person and I am so grateful to have her as my coach."

Any random fact you would like to share about yourself?

Hailey: "I don't have a personal trainer, but I do have my papaw who's my sensei!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava Burkle Basketball Profile

Q&A With Jac-Cen-Del Senior Reagan Hughes

North Posey's Lily Hester: Freshman Season Top Performances